Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chilean Soccer

Cait and I have had the opportunity to experience Chilean football(soccer) from two pretty cool perspectives. The first was pretty early on in our time here. We were sitting at home when all of a sudden, we heard the city erupt in screams, car horns etc... At first I was frightened, as the sound of that many people in buildings and on the street, was something I had never heard. After deciding that it could only be one of two things(a football game or a protest) we decided to turn on the TV to find out! We found Chile playing the neighboring Peru pretty quickly and enjoyed the rest of the game and each city-wide eruption that happened.
The next time a big game was going to happen...we were ready. We watched the whole thing as Chile beat its neighbor Bolivia handily 4-1. Caitlin got some videos of the reactions that we could hear and you'll have to take my word for it...it's louder in person and way louder than the TV. I've always said that watching baseball at home is more boring because you can't feel the energy of the crowd. This solves that problem.

No comments: