We get to see a variety of street performers every day and saw plenty with Brian. These guys stuck out because not only did we get some video of them performing...but we saw them the next day in another part of town wearing different colored shirts. Hard workers. I'm not really sure what the draw of the little guy breaking it down dirty style toward the end is but it seemed to work as most people(including me) gave them money at the end. I was less than impressed with their excitement though. It seemed like the whole time that they were putting on this little drum/dance spectacular, you could see on their faces that they were loathing what they were doing. And immediately as they finished their dance they were waking out to the crowd wearing "pay me please, this is so miserable...yeah put the money in there...you know what to do" faces on. Anyway, this is pretty standard fare and always fun to watch.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I've seen this group of chinchineros - I watched them from the window of a restaurant once, and it seems like they're brothers, and their mom sends them out - she usually sits in the background, with what seems to be another, even littler brother, and makes them dance, even when they go to her and seem to be complaining... I don't mind the group that seems to be a dad and his son and daughter, because the dad usually does most the work, but this group bothers me.
They're a super-traditional performers - my roommates, every one of my classes, my mom, and Arturo have all told me that they're dying out, and what a shame it is, but we should see a lot around the 18th!
Post a Comment